Job Title: Commercial Accountant
Due to our growth and expansion plans we are currently looking to appoint a commercial accountant to join our leadership team. If you have a ‘can do’ attitude, are a strong team player, organised and committed to delivering great client service internally and externally – we would love to hear from you.
Commercial accounting is about getting the right information to the right people at the right time. The core skill required is an ability to communicate well with non-financial people and managers.
You will be a self-starter and have strong organisational & analytical skills, with strong attention to detail, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
This role focuses on partnering with other members of the leadership team and having the commercial acumen, in addition to your financial skills, to understand key business drivers and to seek out opportunities for improvements in growth, efficiencies, risk management and profitability.
You will work with heads of Operations, Business Systems and procurement to give support and challenge on tactical and strategic initiatives to drive business growth, improvement and profitability. Flexibility and a willingness to be a strong team player are key, as is your ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
The role reports to the Group Finance director.
Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Appropriate accounting/auditing qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Proven accounting/auditing experience ideally within a commercial role
- Clear ability to communicate, work well with and support peers, as well as senior and junior staff
- Ability to analyse, interrogate and review data.
- Passion to achieve results through efficiency and process improvement.
- Experience in risk management and exposure to regulatory, governance and compliance environment
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in environment of rapid change.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with customers, suppliers and third-party agencies/ regulators as required
- Passion in achieving results through team work, efficiency and process improvement.
- Providing financial and administrative support for leadership team throughout business
- Efficiency monitoring and management
- Data reporting and analysis
- Review and oversight of invoicing procedures and systems
- Review and improvement of supplier financial management
- Control, documentation and improvement of internal policies and procedures
- Risk management including Health and safety compliance, regulatory compliance, and Data protection requirements.
- Budgeting and support for improved resource management
- Payroll /HR support and compliance
- Ad hoc Project and administrative roles as may be required from time to time.
The package will be commensurate with the ability and experience of the successful candidate.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a summary of how you fit the above picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.